Jewels of North India
Jewels of North India
Experience unparalleled beauty, with this stunning introductory tour of India which is infused with luxury and unique experiences. Sample the delights of the romantic Taj Mahal in Agra, and be mesmerised by the understated elegance, of the Red Fort in Delhi. Take a step back in time whilst you indulge in the raw beauty of the Amber Fort in Rajasthan, which will be etched in your mind forever.
Day 1: Arrive Delhi
Welcome to India! Upon arrival in Delhi, you will be escorted to your luxury hotel by our representative so that you may rest up from your travels in anticipation of more adventures tomorrow.
Day 2: Delhi
Immerse yourself in the grandeur of India’s rich and vibrant past as you explore Old Delhi’s Red Fort, an opulent bastion of the Mughal Empire. Also visit Shah Jahan’s incredible Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in the world. Savor a local lunch and then take some time on your own this afternoon. You can explore the area around your hotel or just relax and enjoy the amenities.
Day 3: To Agra
Depart on your journey to Agra, When you arrive in the former capital of Hindustan, head straight to the exquisite white marble mausoleum of the Taj Mahal, which Emperor Shah Jahan built as a shrine to his everlasting love for his queen, Mumtaz Mahal. Then, discover the palaces, mosques and halls of audience of magnificent Agra Fort, a walled city built out of red sandstone in the 16th century. Pass through the monumental Delhi Gate to explore the Golden Pavilions, extensive gardens and grand towers of the fort. In this once-impregnable fortress, discover the many hidden rooms and immerse yourself in the grand legacy of the Mughals in India.
Day 4: To Jaipur
Depart Agra for the Pink City of Jaipur. En route, explore Fatehpur Sikri, the enigmatic red-sandstone city built by Emperor Akbar as his capital and abandoned just 15 years later. You’ll get a sense of the ambition of the Mughal emperor in the sprawling ruins of his former Capital. Stop for lunch before visiting the oldest and deepest stepwell in the world, Chand Baori after which you will continue your journey to the heart of Rajasthan. Upon arrival in Jaipur spend some time enjoying your fabulous hotel or take off to explore the bazaars!
Day 5: Jaipur
The princely states of Rajputana, now Rajasthan, were once the domain of courageous warriors and powerful dynasties. From the massive ramparts of the intimidating Amber Fort, which you will reach riding on the back of an elephant while you savor the breeze and look down upon the shining waters of Maota Lake and the labyrinthine, historic old city. Back in town, spend some time admiring the lovely Hawa Mahal, or the Palace of Winds, a favorite of the royal ladies of the court, because it provided a place where they could watch the regal parades without being gazed upon by the commoners. After your tour, sit down to a tasty lunch at a local restaurant. The afternoon is yours at leisure to stroll around the Old City of Jaipur, which is full of fascinating stores, workshops, restaurants, and historic sites.
Day 6: Jaipur
After breakfast this morning, head straight to the heart of the city to explore the history of the gem of Rajasthan at the City Palace Museum. In addition to housing some of the finest art, royal jewelry and cultural artifacts of the Pink City, the City Palace remains the home of the current maharajah of Jaipur and his family (in another building, of course).This afternoon you can relax at your hotel spa or visit the markets of jaipur, famous for gold and gemstones, particulary emeralds, sapphires, rubies, and diamonds. Rajasthan became famous for this from early times, being an important source of precious and semi- precious stones. Visit the jewelers and explore the many types of jewelry available today.
Day 7: To Delhi
Bid farewell to the romance of Rajasthan and take the skies as you fly back to Delhi. Upon arrival, visit the red sandstone tower of Qutab Minar, built to celebrate the onset of Muslim rule. Also, soak up the atmosphere at the garden tomb of Emperor Humayun.Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure.
Day 8: Depart Delhi
This morning after breakfast, you will be escorted to Delhi International Airport to board your onward flight.
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers to and from your hotel
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Accommodation based on double occupancy
- Privately guided sightseeing in air-conditioned vehicle (exceptions may apply)
- Services of Professional English-Speaking Guide(s) and/or Tour Escort as detailed in your itinerary
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
- Elephant ride in Jaipur/ Rickshaw ride in Delhi/Boat ride in Udaipur
- Other inclusions as noted in your itinerary
Upon request, your travel consultant can provide an exact price based on your specific dates of travel. Holiday Supplements may apply. Single Supplements and Solo Traveler rates are available upon request.
- International and internal region airfare, unless otherwise stated
- Meals other than those mentioned in itinerary
- The cost of personal items such as laundry, drinks with meals or otherwise, additional incidentals, etc.
- Airport Security Charges if levied by any airport to cover the cost of security arrangements and payable locally and Airport Departure Taxes (if applicable)
- Optional and additional sightseeing not included in itinerary
- Cost of obtaining passports or required visas where necessary
- Any fees associated with using air miles for your air travel
- Transport between your home and home airport/port/station
- Gratuities unless stated in “What Your Land Price Includes”
- Travel Protection Insurance
- Other inclusions if not noted under “Includes”